Two artists who have really helped and inspired me with my source are Picasso and Mary Cassatt. I love the relationship between mother and daughter in Cassatt work. Your able to feel the love, care and warmth the mother has for her daughter. I want to be able to show in my silhouette of mother and daughter how Cassatt’s shows that closeness between the two.
The abstracted design of Picasso's work has helped me decide to do silhouettes. I find how his lovers interact with each other sweetly and I want to be able to also portray that in my work. The simplicity of Picasso design is what I wanted to incorporate in my images. I want to show the interaction and relationships between lovers, mother and child, friends, father and son and children. Lastly I wanted to use the back of the accordion so I decided to pick flowers that symbolize the different relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment